The Could Not Establish Secure Channel error is caused by the certificate not being trusted on the devices running the Recast Agent or Recast Proxy. To fix this, we need to export the Recast Management Server certificate and import it to the device running the Recast Agent or Recast Proxy.
These steps aren't required if your certificate is signed by a Certificate Authority.
- Open IIS Manager on your Recast Server and select the server name
Double click Server Certificates
Right click the Recast certificate and choose View
- Choose the Details tab and click Copy To File
Walk through the Certificate Export Wizard with the default settings. You will not need to export the private key.
Store the certificate in a location that you will be able to access from your Recast Desktop clients.
Right click on the certificate and choose Install Certificate
In the Certificate Import Wizard, select Local Machine
- Choose the "Place all certificates in the following store" radio button and click Browse
- Select the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities Store and click Ok
- Click Next on the Certificate Store page
- Click Finish on the Summary page
- Click Ok on the completion prompt