The Could Not Establish Secure Channel error is caused by the certificate not being trusted on the devices running the Recast Agent or Recast Proxy. To fix this, we need to export the Recast Management Server certificate and import it to the device running the Recast Agent or Recast Proxy.
These steps aren't required if your certificate is signed by a Certificate Authority.
Export your Recast Management Server Certificate
- Open IIS Manager on your Recast Server and select the server name.
Double click Server Certificates
Right click the Recast certificate and choose View
- Choose the Details tab and click Copy To File
Walk through the Certificate Export Wizard with the default settings. You will not need to export the private key.
Store the certificate in a location that you will be able to access from your Recast Desktop clients.
Import the Recast Management Server Certificate
Right click on the certificate and choose Install Certificate.
When the Certificate Import Wizard opens, select Local Machine.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse.
- For the Store, select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities and OK.
- On the Certificate Store page, click Next.
- Click Finish on the Summary page.