The Hardware Inventory Cycle collects information such as available disk space, processor type, and operating system about each computer. This is part of the SCCM inventory functionality.
This action can be run on single and multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed for device collections.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions > Hardware Inventory Cycle.
The window that opens displays progress and successful completion.
|ConfigMgr Client||Hardware Inventory Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.