The Windows Installer Source List Update Cycle prompts the Product Source Update Manager to complete a full update cycle.
When you install an application using Windows Installer, the application returns by default to its Windows Installer source location whenever it needs to install new components, repair the application, or update the application. The Windows Installer Source Location Manager can automatically search Configuration Manager distribution points for the source files, even if the application was not originally installed from a distribution point.
This action can be run on single and multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed for device collections.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions > Windows Installer Source List Update Cycle.
The window that opens displays progress and successful completion.
|ConfigMgr Client||Windows Installer Source List Update Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.