The Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle initiates a scan of software updates compliance. Before client computers can scan for software update compliance, the software updates environment must be configured.
This action can be run on single and multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed for device collections.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions > Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle.
The window that opens displays progress and successful completion.
|ConfigMgr Client||Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.