The Defender tab shows information about the status of Windows Defender Antivirus on selected computers.
- Defender Protection (Enabled/Disabled)
- Real-time Protection (Enabled/Disabled)
- Installed antivirus Signature Version
- Installed Defender Client Version
- Installed Defender Engine Version
- Number of Devices in this selection
Expand a section to display the following information for each device selected when running Remote Windows Security.
- Date and time of Last Signature Update
- Date and time of Last Full Scan completion
- Date and time of Last Quick Scan completion
- Quick Scan (recommended): Scans the locations where malware might be registered to start with the system, such as registry keys and knows Windows startup folders.
- Full Scan: Starts with a Quick Scan, then extends the search with a sequential file scan of mounted fixed disks and network drives. A full scan can take hours or days to complete, depending on the amount and type of data included in the scan. If new security intelligence update become available during a full scan, the scan should be repeated to include new threat detections contained in the update.
- Update Definitions: Downloads updates to the definition files used to identify malware and other potentially unwanted software.