The Cancel Pending Restart or Shutdown tool aborts any pending restarts or shutdowns on a remote device. This tool runs shutdown.exe /a on the device.
This action can be run on single and multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed for device collections.
This tool cancels imminent restarts and shutdowns. It will not clear restart/shutdown tasks in the Task Scheduler.
To run the tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Console Tools > Cancel Pending Restart or Shutdown.
- Requires local administrator permissions on the remote devices.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need local administrator permissions on the remote devices.
- This tool requires remote WMI access.