The Recast Management Server (RMS) is the primary component in Recast's on-premises infrastructure, and the hub for our entire product suite. Installing Recast Management Server software gives you a central location to configure and monitor all the Recast applications and components in your deployment.
For Right Click Tools Enterprise:
- Role-based permissions that use Active Directory users and/or groups to grant or limit access to specific Right Click Tools
- Advanced audit logging that that allows administrators to see which actions were run and which users initiated the actions
- Scheduling of certain Right Click Tools actions and Recast Builder actions
- Use of Recast Proxy to run actions against computers using a service account
- Use of Recast Agent to run actions against computers in untrusted domains, workgroups, or over the ConfigMgr Cloud Managed Gateway
- Access to four web dashboards
For Endpoint Insights:
The Recast Management Server enables the collection of warranty information.
For Privilege Manager:
Starting with Recast Software Version 5.0, Privilege Manager functionality is now integrated into Recast Management Server.
Recast Management Server and Component Requirements
Many Recast Software features require the installation of Recast Management Server, Recast Proxy and/or Recast Agent. Unless otherwise noted, a checkmark (✔) indicates that a Recast component must be installed to fully enable product features and functionality.
|RMS||Recast Proxy||Recast Agent|
|Right Click Tools|
♦ Kiosk Manager and Workflow Automation require RMS to schedule actions. Endpoint Insights requires RMS to collect warranty information.
Install Recast Management Server
Access Recast Management Server
Your Recast Management Server can be accessed by navigating to
https://<ServerFQDN>:<Port> in a web browser.
Check Recast Management Server Version
You'll find your RMS software version on the Recast Management Server home page.
Looking for Recast Management Server training? Sign up for our Recast Academy course!