A Recast Proxy is a service that runs under a service account. A Proxy can run Recast actions, or can read from Active Directory or Configuration Manager to populate scopes. In deployments with multiple Recast Proxies, only one Proxy can be installed per server, and each Proxy can only support one service account.
- Elevate permissions using a service account
- Run actions against devices in a different domain
- Populate web dashboards in Recast Management Server
- Populate scopes (required for fast channel/cloud management gateway and RMS permissions)
- Schedule Recast Builder actions and Kiosk Manager deployments
- Collect warranty information in Endpoint Insights
To view the required permissions for different proxy uses, see Proxy Service Account Permissions.