Steps for migrating Application Manager to a new WSUS server.
On the existing server
1. Open the WSUS Integration tab.
2. In the Service status section, disable the service.
3. We recommend using the existing self-signed certificate as it is already shared to managed workstations in most cases. In the Server certificate section, click Export and save the certificate for the new server.
4. We also recommend exporting the existing Application Manager for WSUS settings located at C:\ProgramData\Centero\WSUS.xml. Copy the XML file for the new server.
On the new server
Before migrating Application Manager for WSUS, make sure that the WSUS component is completely migrated to the new server. Also check that all the requirements are met.
1. Download and install Application Manager for WSUS.
2. Open Application Manager for WSUS and go through the initial configuration wizard. Choose No at the last step when Application Manager for WSUS is about to start the deployments.
3. When the Application Manager for WSUS interface opens, close the software.
4. Copy the WSUS.xml from the old installation to the new installation in a similar location.
5. Launch Application Manager for WSUS from the Windows Start menu and check that the configuration settings remain valid.
6. Open the WSUS Integration tab. In the Service status section, enable the service.