The Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle re-evaluates the requirement rules for all deployments. For applications that are required but not installed, executing the Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle will prompt ConfigMgr to trigger a re-install. The default ConfigMgr runtime is 7 days.
This action can be run on single and multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed for device collections.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions > Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle.
NOTE: The target device must be powered on in order to successfully initiate an Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle.
When the action runs, the following message appears:
|ConfigMgr Client||Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.