The Show Collections - Advanced tool lets a console user view information about the collections to which a device belongs. This tool can be run on single devices or multi-selected devices, but not on a device collection.
This tool uses Remote WMI.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Tools > Show Collections - Advanced.
Running the action returns the following information for each collection:
- Collections: Folder, Collection ID
- Collection Variables: Folder, Variable Name, Value (if not hidden)
- Maintenance Windows: Folder, Maintenance Window Name, Description of maintenance schedule, Applies To, Start Time, Duration
- Power Plans: Folder, Apply Settings, Peak Plan Start/End/Duration, Peak Plan Name, Non-Peak Plan Name, Wakeup Time
To remove a device from a collection, right-click on the device on the Collections tab and click Remove from Collection.
|ConfigMgr Server||Get Device Collection Information|
|ConfigMgr Server||Remove Devices from Collection permission|
- This action requires that the user has permissions in ConfigMgr to read properties about collections and remove devices from a collection. If using a Recast proxy to route actions, the same permissions are required for the service account.