In some cases, you might want to change the task sequence in which AM will automatically add newest application versions. In this example, we will create a new task sequence and add it as a nested task sequence in another task. This would make it possible to update multiple task sequences simultaneously.
- Open your Configuration Manager console and create a new task sequence and at least one group in it. Add this task sequence into your other task sequence(s).
- From Application Manager, go to MECM Integration > MECM Settings > General Settings and choose Reload. This will reload the changes (new task sequence) in MECM manually.
- Select your deployment process and go to deployment settings.
- Change the task sequence to the new one.
- After the change, you can add the newest versions that are already in Configuration Manager into your new task.
- Go to MECM Integration > MECM Settings > General Settings and select Add current application versions.
- Confirm the change.
After the change, you should remove Application Manager added applications from the older task sequence, so they can be retired in MECM when a new application version is released!