The Clear Cache tool allows a console user to clear the client cache on a remote device. This tool can be run on single devices, multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed to be run on a device collection.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Tools > Client Information.
NOTE: In v4.x, this tool is found under Right Click Tools > Client Tools > Clear Cache.
3. On the Cache tab, click Clear Cache.
4. Click Yes to confirm.
|ConfigMgr Client||Clear Cache|
- This action requires Administrator permissions on the remote device.
- If a Recast Server is being used with a Service Account, that account also needs admin permission on the remote device.
- The action requires Remote WMI access.
- This action requires access to connect to the C$ share.