You can identify potential distribution point issues using the Content Distribution Monitor or the Content Status tool.
Using the Content Distribution Monitor:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, navigate to Assets and Compliance > Recast Software > Content Distribution Monitor.
2. Click the red bar graph section showing content in Error to see detailed information.
Alternatively, in the table, sort the Distribution Status column to see content in Error.
Using the Content Status tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, navigate to Administration > Distribution Points.
2. Right-click on a distribution point.
3. Click Right Click Tools > Content Status.
4. In the Content Information table that opens, sort the State on this DP column to see content in Error.
NOTE: Right Click Tools doesn't currently send notifications when a distribution point is in error.