The Restart System(s) tool initiates a restart of a device.
This tool can be run on single and multi-selected devices. A similar tool runs this action on a device collection.
To run the tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Console Tools > Restart System(s).
3. In the Shutdown / Restart Tool window, choose to Restart Device, Give user a prompt to cancel, or Skip Restart when a user is logged in while attempting the restart action.
4. Set a Delay (in seconds) before restart.
5. Customize the Message to display prior to restart (optional).
6. Click Start to initiate the restart sequence.
The window that opens shows progress and completion according to success or failure.
- Requires administrative access on the target devices.