To create an initial configuration for Application Manager for WSUS:
1. Launch Application Manager from the Windows start menu to open the configuration wizard.
2. On the Login page, enter your Recast Application Manager ID and Key. Click Login to check that the credentials will work.
3. On the Software Download Location page, enter or browse to the folder for third-party application installation files. The path can be a local folder or an UNC path. .
4. On the Integration Type page, select Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
5. To install Application Manager for WSUS on the same server with WSUS component (recommended), check the Local server box. To use a remote server in deployment, leave the box unchecked and provide a Host name and Port in the Remote Server section.
At this point the wizard retrieves the WSUS groups. The deployment process for the managed software can be configured. WSUS groups are listed and deployment phases can be selected. By default, these three deployments are scheduled to be effective immediately, after a week and after two weeks. Proceed by clicking Next. These settings can be modified later on.
6. Click Finish to start automatic deployments manually later. You can also select Yes to start automatic deployments now, if you are happy with the default deployment created during installation.
Application Manager for WSUS will start up and you can continue with further configurations.