The Discovery Data Collection Cycle prompts the client to generate a new discovery data record (DDR). When the DDR is processed by the site server, Discovery Data Manager adds or updates resource information from the DDR in the site database.
This action can be run on single and multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed for device collections.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions > Discovery Data Collection Cycle.
When the action runs, the following message appears:
|ConfigMgr Client||Discovery Data Collection Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.