The 'Network Path Not Found' error usually occurs when Right Click Tools is not able to connect to the Remote Registry of a computer to run the requested action.
This issue is typically caused by one of two things:
- The Remote Registry service is disabled and not able to start
- The firewall is blocking Remote Registry
First thing to check is the Remote Registry Service.
To check the Remote Registry Service:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Console Tools > System Information.
3. On the Services tab, find the Remote Registry service either by scrolling down the list or by using the search function. If the Remote Registry service shows the Startup Type as 'disabled', change the startup type in the top right corner of the window and that should fix your issue.
If the Remote Registry Service is not disabled, then the problem likely lies with your firewall configuration. For information on setting up firewall rules, see Enable Remote Registry.