Once your Recast Management Server is installed with Recast Proxy, you can then authorize the proxy (if needed), create a proxy route, and configure the proxy to run Recast actions or read from Active Directory or Configuration Manager to populate scopes.
When installing multiple Recast Proxies, each Proxy must be installed on a different server and each Proxy can only support one service account.
By default, the Recast Management Server automatically authorizes any proxy installed in the same domain as the Recast Management Server. Proxies installed in other domains must be approved manually, unless you've edited the default setting to approve all proxies automatically.
Approve a Proxy Manually
If a proxy is installed separately in another domain, you must approve it manually.
To approve a proxy manually:
1. In your Recast Management Server, select Proxies in the navigation panel.
On the Recast Proxies page, your newly installed proxy should be visible but not Authorized.
2. Click the Edit icon to the right of the proxy.
3. In the Edit Recast Proxy window, enable the Authorized checkbox and click Save.
Un-approve a Proxy
You can manually remove authorization from any Recast Proxy.
To remove proxy authorization:
1. On the Recast Proxies page, click the Edit icon to the right of the proxy.
2. In the Edit Recast Proxy window, disable the Authorized checkbox and click Save.
Approve All Proxies Automatically
You can choose to have your Recast Management Server automatically authorize all proxies regardless of the domain where they're installed.
To approve all proxies automatically:
1. In your Recast Management Server, navigate to Administration > Settings.
2. Under Recast Management Server, click the Edit icon to the right of Recast Proxy Approval.
3. In the Change Setting window, choose Automatically Approve All Agents from the Value drop-down menu.
A route determines the proxy to which your Recast actions are sent. In order for the Recast Management Server to run actions through the service account proxy, create a proxy route that uses the service account.
To create a Recast Proxy route:
1. In your Recast Management Server, navigate to Administration > Routes.
2. In the main window, click Create.
3. Set route Type to Recast Proxy.
4. Select your service account.
5. Set the Role to Administrators.
6. Click Create.
7. On the Routes page, click Save.
A Recast Proxy can be used to run Right Click Tools actions under a service account. This can allow users who don't have local admin rights to run actions.
New routes appear at the bottom of the table on the RMS Routes page. To make all actions run through the service account proxy, you must move the new proxy route above the Console Extension route in the table.
When you're done reordering the proxy route list, click Save to finalize the changes.
A Recast Proxy can be used to manage a number of tasks in Right Click Tools:
- Reading from Active Directory to populate scopes
- Allowing access to web dashboards and dashboard trends
- Scheduling Builder actions and Kiosk Manager profile applications
By default, new routes appear at the bottom of the table on the Recast Management Server Routes page. If you only need your proxy to populate scopes, and you don't want to run any actions using that proxy, you can leave your proxy route at the bottom of the table.
If you do reorder the proxy route list, click Save to finalize the changes.