The Schedule Restart or Shutdown tool creates a scheduled task in Windows Task Scheduler to shut down or restart a device at a set time.
To run the tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Console Tools > Schedule Restart or Shutdown.
3. In the Schedule Shutdown / Restart window, set options including the Frequency, Start Date and Time.
4. Set a delay in seconds before shutdown or restart for users who are logged on.
5. Click Start.
- Requires the Schedule Shutdown permission in the System Information plugin.
- Requires local administrator permissions on the remote devices.
- If using Recast Server with a service account, the service account will need local administrator permissions on the remote device.
- This action uses remote WMI.
This tool will copy an executable to C:\Windows on remote devices when the 'Give user a prompt to cancel option' is selected. Some antivirus vendors may block the execution of this application.