In complex environments where actions can run via the Recast Agent, Recast Proxy, and the ConfigMgr Fast Channel, the audit log can be a great help in determining how actions are being routed in your environment.
The log is located in your Recast Management Server. To view it, click Audit Log in the navigation panel.
Audit Log Information
The audit log contains information on when an action was run, who ran the action, the plugin that the action is a part of, which action was run, and the execution time. Click Proxies to see which proxy ran the action in your environment.
Proxy Types include:
- Recast Proxy - This means the action was run by a Recast Proxy using the Service Account that the proxy is running under. This corresponds to the Route Type for the Service Account.
- Right Click Tools - This means that the action was run from the computer running the ConfigMgr console as the user who was logged into the console. This corresponds to the Route Type of Right Click Tools.
If you are trying to determine if your actions are being attempted by a Recast Proxy, it is a great way to tell if the action was attempted to run over Proxy. The dialog box will also show which machine the proxy is running on, and which service account ran the action. If the Type is "Recast Proxy" your routes are configured so that the Proxy is running the action.
If you are attempting to run actions over a Recast Proxy, and you see that the proxy in the audit log is listed as "Right Click Tools" you know that the actions are attempting to run from the ConfigMgr console, and are not running as the proxy. You should check your Routes and Scopes to make sure that actions are being routed correctly.
If the Recast Proxy fails to populate in Recast Management Server, the agent.sqlite file has most likely been corrupted.
1. Open Services.
2. Stop the Recast Proxy Service.
3. Delete the agent.sqlite or RecastProxy.sqlite (version 5.x) file from C:\Users\<Proxy Username>\AppData\Roaming\Recast Software\Recast Proxy.
4. Start the Recast Proxy Service (This will recreate the agent.sqlite or RecastProxy.sqlite file).
5. Confirm the proxy populates and shows as Connected and Authorized on the Recast Proxies page in Recast Management Server.
To update your service account or password:
1. Open Services on the device where the proxy is installed.
2. Right-click Recast Proxy Service and select Properties.
3. Select the Log On tab.
4. Update the account or password.
5. Restart the Recast Proxy Service.
1. Open Programs and Features and highlight Recast Proxy in the list.
2. Click Uninstall.
3. To confirm the removal, click Yes.
4. Click Yes again, if prompted.
5. Manually delete the %AppData%\Recast Software\Recast Proxy\agent.sqlite file for the service account.
If you are experiencing issues uninstalling Recast Management Server, you can use Microsoft's uninstaller tool to fully uninstall any lingering files. You can download it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d