How do I install and configure the Recast Management Server?
You can find instructions here:
- Install Recast Management Server
- Configuration Workflow for Right Click Tools Enterprise
- Configure Recast Management Server for Endpoint Insights
Where should the Recast Management Server be installed?
We recommend installing RMS either on its own server or on the Configuration Manager server.
Are there advantages to installing Recast Management Server on a separate server?
There are three main benefits to installing RMS on its own server:
- Easier Troubleshooting: Isolating Recast Management Server on its own server makes it easier to diagnose and resolve issues. Interference from other processes running on the Configuration Manager site server can slow down troubleshooting.
- Better Resource Management: Installing RMS on a separate server lets you better manage system stress, particularly in large environments with many endpoints.
- Scalability: Should you need to deploy an additional Agent Gateway, having Recast Management Server on a separate server simplifies the setup process. You can easily install another Gateway on the primary site server without affecting the RMS server.
Can the Recast Management Server co-exist with our current MECM server? Or is a new one recommended?
Yes, it can co-exist. If it is installed on a new server, we do recommend allocating at least 4 cores CPU and 8GB of memory for RMS. For additional pre-requisites, see Install Recast Management Server.
What is the Recast Proxy?
To learn about proxies and their uses in Recast Software applications, see Recast Proxy Overview.
Does the Recast Proxy require an Agent on a computer?
No, it does not. To learn about Recast Agents and their uses, see Recast Agent Overview.
To install the Recast Proxy, do I need a service account?
Yes. You will need to create or use an existing service account for the proxy.
If an action is done through a Proxy, how is that shown in the audit log?
The audit log reflects the user that kicked off the action. If a Proxy route was used, the PROXIES setting to the right of that audit log action will be 'TRUE'.
Why can't I see the Web Dashboards in the Recast Management Server?
The Web Dashboards require the Recast Proxy to be installed and configured for management tasks.
How resource-intensive are the Web Dashboard snapshots and trends?
Snapshots and trends are saved in the database, so there will be a slight increase there. You can edit how long you want these to be stored by editing the MaxSnapshotAge in your RMS settings.
Where can I find more information about RMS and its features?
- See About Recast Management Server.
- Explore our YouTube channel where you can search for RMS-specific videos. Here is a suggested list of RMS videos.
If you have any further onboarding questions, please reach out to your Technical Onboarding Manager.