The 'Computer is not on' error usually occurs when Right Click Tools is not able to ping the computer before running an action. By default, Right Click Tools attempts to ping a computer, and verify that it's online, before running an action. Running an action against a computer that is not on, and may take some time before erroring out, can slow down actions against large groups of computers.
- Check information on how to configure your environment for ICMP Echo (Ping).
Configure Right Click Tools to disable this behavior.
Disable ICMP Echo
To disable ICMP Echo in Right Click Tools Enterprise with Recast Management Server:
1. In the Recast Management Server interface, navigate to Settings.
2. Disable PingComputerBeforeRunningTools.
To disable ICMP Echo in Right Click Tools Standalone:
1. Open the Configure Recast RCT application.
2. On the General tab, disable Ping Computer Before Running Tools.