The Group Policy Update tool forces an update to a computer policy, user policy, or both.
NOTE: If you choose to update a user policy, the user will temporarily see a command prompt while the policy is updating.
To run the tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Console Tools > Group Policy Update.
3. In the window that opens, select Update Machine Policy and/ or Update User Policy and click Start.
- Requires the Group Policy Update permission in the System Information role.
- The user running this action will need to be an administrator of the remote device. If using a Recast Server with a service account, the service account will need to be an administrator of the remote device. This tool relies on remote WMI to start the Group Policy Update process.