The Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle initiates ad-hoc policy retrieval from the client outside its scheduled polling interval. The default interval is 60 minutes. This action is useful in a troubleshooting scenario or when testing.
This action can be run on single and multi-selected devices, or with a similar action designed for device collections.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
To initiate policy retrieval, navigate to Recast RCT > Client Actions > Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle.
The window that opens displays progress and successful completion.
|ConfigMgr Client||Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.