Choose Action Properties to determine the design and configuration of a Recast Builder action.
To choose Action Properties:
1. In the Tool Creator area, click on the Start Node (the object the user will click on to run the tool).
2. Under Action Properties, specify the View, Name, Display and Action Type, which are described below.
The View field determines how the results of a Right Click Tools Builder tool will display. View options do not affect the technical operation of Right Click Tools Builder tools — they only affect how results are displayed.
- Single Grid Results
- Two Grid Results
- Tabbed Results: Shows a result for each step of the tool
Name sets the name of the Recast Builder tool. After entering a new tool name, click the Save icon in the My Right Click Tools panel.
Display sets the Configuration Manager object that the Right Click Tools Builder tool is run against. Options differ according to the selected Action Type.
Example: For a tool run against a device, Computer Name would be an appropriate display option.
The Action Type sets the properties on which the tool will take action.
Action Type Options:
- Generic: For all Right Click Tools Builder Tools acting on functions not related to users or devices.
- Device (with or without resource ID): For tools acting on devices. These tools will be available anywhere Right Click Tools device tools are available. The Resource ID is Configuration Manager's unique identifier for a computer object.
- User (with or without Resource ID): for tools acting on users. These tools will be available anywhere Right Click Tools user tools are available. The Resource ID is Configuration Manager's unique identifier for a user object.