The Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) Web Dashboard displays LAPS compliance. The dashboard can help you to quickly determine if passwords are stored using Microsoft's LAPS tool, which is designed to help organizations store Local Administrator passwords securely without impeding the required access.
To scan devices for LAPS compliance:
1. In your Recast Management Server, navigate to Dashboards > LAPS.
2. On the LAPS Dashboard page, select an existing service connection or click Add to create a new service connection.
3. Click the Scan icon.
You can create an optional snapshot of the scan results by clicking the Snapshot icon.
You can also view LAPS compliance over a set period of time by creating a LAPS Web Dashboard Trend.
Left-hand chart: Percentage of devices with and without a LAPS Password in Active Directory.
Right-hand chart: Percentage of devices with and without the LAPS Client installed.
Microsoft Permissions for the Proxy Service Account
- Requires read rights to Active Directory OUs and their computer objects contained within for the specific domain.
- Left-hand chart: Requires permissions to read the LAPS password attribute.
- Right-hand chart: Requires permissions to device hardware inventory.