The Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle initiates policy retrieval from the client outside its scheduled polling interval. The default interval is 60 minutes. Triggering immediate policy retrieval is useful in a troubleshooting scenario or when testing.
This action can be run on device collections, or using a similar tool designed for single and multi-selected devices.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions on Collection > Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle.
The window that opens displays progress and completion according to success.
- Requires the Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle permission on the ConfigMgr Client.
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.