Release Date: November 2, 2022
Upgrade to the newest bug fix release by downloading version 4.9.2210.3001 from the Recast Portal.
Right Click Tools
- Remote Software Center: Restores missing data for applications set to restart the computer after running.
- Kiosk Manager: Fixes an issue where devices did not restart after the timeout set in a Restart on Idle profile.
Release Date: October 28, 2022
This version extends the licensing period for Right Click Tools Community Edition.
Release Date: September 15, 2022
Right Click Tools with Recast Management Server
- Fixes an issue where actions would not run over the Configuration Manager Fast Channel.
- Software Updates Web Dashboard
- Fixes inaccurate data on pie charts.
- Fixes missing snapshot data.
- Fixes an issue where Software Update Group data was missing from snapshots and Missing Updates results.
- Trends Web Dashboard
- Fixes an issue with missing snapshot graphics and data in the Software Updates quadrant.
Fixes an issue where Recast Agents weren’t running reliably.
- Fixes an issue where group members were unable to access actions they have permission to run.
- Fixes broken announcement styles.
Release Date: August 11, 2022
Right Click Tools
Dashboard Performance Improvements: Content Distribution Monitor, BitLocker Compliance, Hardware and Firmware Audit, and LAPS dashboards now offer better performance.
- Content Distribution Monitor: Fixes an issue where the dashboard times out when loading large amounts of data.
- Active Directory: Fixes an issue with dashboards and actions where permissions are reported as insufficient when users assign specific scopes for their role.
- Software Update Deployment Status:
- Fixes an issue where the Missing Updates by Category pie chart displays extra missing updates.
- Fixes an issue where the Device Compliance Status pie chart mistakenly includes installed updates on the results grid.
- Fixes an issue where some devices incorrectly show their compliance as 'Unknown'.
To resolve this issue, you must enable two new actions:
ConfigMgrServer > GetRequiredSoftwareUpdates – Retrieves all required updates that are missing
ConfigMgrServer > GetInstalledSoftwareUpdates – Retrieves all required updates that are installed
Recast Management Server
- Fixes an issue where exporting to CSV produces an incorrectly named file.
- Fixes an issue on the Software Updates web dashboard where results filtered by 'Updates older than X days' display incorrectly.
- Fixes an issue in Deployment Launcher when 'Requirements Not Met' or 'Error' is selected as a status.
- Fixes an issue with kiosk profiles set to automatically relaunch Microsoft Edge.
New Software Dashboard Viewing and Filtering Options: On List of Computers by Software and Computer Software Details reports, you can now view and filter by user-installed software, computer-installed software, or both.
Software Dashboard Performance and Stability Improvements: List of Computers by Software and Computer Software Details reports now run more reliably and quickly.
- Software Update Health Dashboard report: Fixes an issue when attempting to run the report from the console.
- Most Vulnerable Computers Online report: Fixes an issue where the report displays an incorrect number of devices.
- Computer Warranty Information report: Fixes an issue where some computers show incorrectly as virtual machines.
- Computer Warranty Information, Computer Replacement Costs, and List of Computers by Replacement Category reports: Fixes an issue when using SQL Server Reporting Services 2014 and earlier.
- Fixes an issue where log files aren’t written.
Support for ServiceNow update: Shift Left now supports the San Diego release of ServiceNow.
MID Server Component: Fixes an issue where no user is found.