Before downloading and installing Right Click Tools, make sure that the system requirements for its implementation are met.
Download Right Click Tools Community
The Community Edition of Right Click Tools is available through the Recast Software website. From the homepage, click the banner text to Download the Free Version of Right Click Tools.
When installing Right Click Tools for the first time, you will have access to a 14-day trial of the Enterprise tools.
Run the Right Click Tools Installer
After downloading Right Click Tools Community from the Recast Portal, run the installer. Close all Configuration Manager consoles before installing.
To install Right Click Tools Community using the Setup Wizard:
1. Double-click the .msi file to open the installer.
2. Click Next.
3. Under RCT Installation Type, choose Recast RCT Community.
- Enable Add RCT Builder to all console nodes (optional). To learn about the Right Click Tools automation engine, see RCT Builder.
- Enable Skip in console permissions checks (optional). With this option enabled, all tools will appear as if they are available.
4. Click Next.
5. When the installation completes, click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard.
A Recast Software folder will appear in your Configuration Manager console's navigation panel.
License Right Click Tools Community
Before you can use Right Click Tools Community, you'll be asked to create a free Recast Software account.
Enterprise tools, including RCT Builder, remain available during your 14-day trial.
To retain your access to all Enterprise functionality, upgrade to Right Click Tools Enterprise Edition.