The Computer Replacement Costs report displays projected computer replacement costs over the current year based on the total number of machines in your Configuration Manager's hardware inventory. Costs are calculated for computers with expired warranties, as well as for computers with 1 to 3+ years left on their warranties. This report is particularly helpful when budgeting for device replacement.
For a video walkthrough of this report, see Endpoint Insights — Computer Replacement Costs on Recast Software's YouTube channel.
View the Report
1. In your Configuration Manager console, expand the Recast Software node in the navigation panel and select Endpoint Insights.
2. In the main window, click the Device Warranty tab.
3. In the report list, click Computer Replacement Costs.
4. In the window that opens, select a Collection. By default, all desktop and server clients are included.
5. If desired, edit the default useful life length and replacement cost values.
NOTE: The default replacement cost is automatically increased by 5% each year.
6. Click View Report.
The Computer Replacement Costs report is broken down by computer type, which is divided into four classes:
- Virtual Machine: Any computer with the ConfigMgr Virtual Machine flag set to Yes.
- Server: Any computer with a System Role of Server. Excludes virtual machines.
- Laptop: Using the Win32_SystemEnclosure for Chassis Type, this class includes the following:
- Hand Held
- Docking Station
- Sub Notebook
- Desktop: Applies to any computer that doesn’t fall into the other definitions. The end result will only be true desktops.
TIP: Make this report easier to read by hiding some or all of the report parameters. See How to set default report parameters.
This report drills through to:
List of Computers by Replacement Category