The Software Metering Usage Report Cycle collects data for monitoring client software usage.
This action can be run on device collections, or with a similar tool designed for single and multi-selected tools.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device collection.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions on Collection > Software Metering Usage Report Cycle.
When the action runs, a window displays progress and completion according to success.
|Software Metering Usage Report Cycle
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.