The Client Information tool provides several types of information and available actions for the ConfigMgr client.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Tools > Client Information.
Client Information Tabs
The General tab offers details about the Client including Client Version, Site Code, HTTP/HTTPS Ports, Management Point, Internet Management Point, Proxy Management Point, DNS, Server Locator Port, and GUID.
The Components tab displays details associated with components, including their version, and whether or not they are enabled.
The Cache tab shows general information about the cache, such as Path, Size, and Used Space.
Clicking on the cache select box allow you to clear the cache or change its size.
The Cache Details tab shows the content that currently exists in the cache. The table displays the content name (or Orphaned Content, if the original no longer exists in ConfigMgr).
Selecting an item in the cache lets you delete the content or browse to the content location.
The Application tab displays applications installed on the client. The table includes details such as the application Name, Publisher, Install State, Status, Version, and Last Evaluation Date/Time.
Clicking on an application reveals the button to Install or Uninstall applications.
The Execution History tab shows past program, package, and task sequence executions with relevant data. The table includes Name, User, State, PackageID, Start Date/Time, Error Codes, and Error Reason.
The Boundary Information tab shows data about boundaries and boundary groups.
|ConfigMgr Client||Client Information|
|ConfigMgr Client||Deployed Applications|
|ConfigMgr Client||Install Application|
|ConfigMgr Client||Uninstall Application|
|ConfigMgr Client||Change Cache Size|
|ConfigMgr Client||Remove Items From Cache|
|Installed Software||List Software|
|Installed Software||Uninstall Software|
- This action requires administrator permissions on the remote device and permission to look up boundaries in ConfigMgr.
- If using a Recast Management Server with service account, the service account requires administrator permissions on the remote device and permissions to look up boundaries in ConfigMgr.
- This tool uses remote WMI.
- Remote SMB is used when the Open in Explorer right click option is used from the Cache tab.