The Add Devices to Collection(s) tool adds single or multi-selected devices to a specified device collection. Options are available for searching based on name rather than ResourceID.
This tool can be run on device collections, or with a similar tool designed for single and multi-selected tools.
NOTE: This tool makes a WMI API call to the SMS provider.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device collection.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Collection Tools > Add Devices to Collection(s).
3. In the window that opens, specify devices to add and click Start.
|ConfigMgr Server||Get All Device Collections|
|ConfigMgr Server||Add Devices to Collection|
- Requires that the user running the tools has sufficient ConfigMgr permissions to add the device to the collection.
- If a Recast Management Server is being used with a proxy, the service account also needs these permissions.