Starting from Recast Privilege Manager client version 3.1.5000 also domain accounts can be added temporary to Administrators local. Privilege Manager administrator can limit domain account activation type for specific users (like service desk personnel).
When action requiring administrator level permissions is executed Windows by default shows User Account Control window where credentials are provided to execute the action. This User Account Control has Recast Privilege Manager option when Privilege Manager credential provider has been installed to client.
Click More choices to show Recast Privilege Manager credential provider
- Click Recast Privilege Manager to select Privilege Manager credential provider
- Select Run with domain account from dropdown list
- Specify the reason why temporary administrator access is required
- Specify credentials of the domain account that will be granted temporary administrative permissions and use pre-windows 2000 account format for user account
- Example: domain\username
- Click Yes button to execute action with temporary user account