Installing Endpoint Insights with Recast Management Server and Recast Proxy allows you to access the full suite of EI reports, including those that display device warranty information.
Endpoint Insights must be installed on your Configuration Manager server.
See the Endpoint Insights Implementation Workflow for an overview of major deployment and configuration steps.
- System meets the requirements for implementing Endpoint Insights with Recast Management Server and Recast Proxy.
Install Endpoint Insights with RMS
To install Endpoint Insights:
1. Run the Endpoint Insights installer.
2. Enter the Server Name and Server Port.
3. Click Test Connection. When connected, click Next.
4. Make sure Recast Management Server is not installed is not enabled.
5. Click Install.
6. Enable Allow Telemetry data to allow usage data collection (optional). Click Next.
7. On the Import License page, enter your Recast Portal credentials, or browse to a previously downloaded license file.
NOTE: The Import License page will not appear if licensing was configured during Recast Management Server installation.
8. Click Install.
The Endpoint Insights System Checks will run and report any issues with installing Endpoint Insights in your environment.
If MIF Size displays as an issue you can increase the MIF size. To learn more, see Change the Maximum File Size of a MIF.
9. On the options page, you can set the following Endpoint Insight options.
- Select Configure hardware inventory to import ER settings to upgrade from Enhansoft Reporting to Recast Endpoint Insights.
- Select Create Application to automatically create the Recast Agent application in Configuration Manager.
- Select Create Reports to create the reports that display data collected by Endpoint Insights.
- De-select Do not create RBA reports only if your organization does not require role-based access on the Endpoint Insights reports.
- Enter a SSRS Reader Group to give an Active Directory group access to read SSRS reports.
- To leave the SSRS Reader Group field blank, click No when prompted.
- You can add the SSRS Reader Group later by re-running the EI setup.
10. Verify that the Reporting Services Connection String, Report Folder and SQL Port are correct for your environment. Click Next.
11. De-select any report categories to exclude from this installation. Click Next.
When setup completes, configure Asset Intelligence in your Configuration Manager to ensure that all data is returned to Endpoint Insights.