For a Configuration Manager integration, the Application Manager client needs access to the Configuration Manager environment and file system locations.
Configuration Manager Requirements
- Supported versions
- Current branch
- 2012 R2
Some Application Manager features are not available in 2012 R2 and other old versions
- At least one distribution point group
- Collections that will be used for deployments
NOTE: Do not deploy applications using both Application Manager and a manually-created application or other third-party patching solution.
Service Account Requirements
- Password with no expiry
- Configuration Manager PowerShell usage permissions (see steps below)
- At least Application Administrator role is MECM
- Task Sequence Auto Update feature requires additional Operating System Deployment Manager role
- Permission to log on locally and as a service to the server
File System Permissions
- The service account and all users who use Application Manager integration client interface must have administrative access to the server where the client will be installed, or at least these permissions:
- Full Control to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Centero\Agent registry key
- Modify permissions in the %ProgramData%\Centero folder and all its subfolders
(This folder structure is created during AM Integration Client installation but can also be created manually before installation)
- Modify permissions to network share where applications will be downloaded (verify that both share and folder permissions allow modification)
NOTE: If your application download network share is located on a different server, you must also add modify permissions to the network share for the computer object of the server where the AM Integration Client is installed.
You might have to grant admin permissions for AM server's computer object to the server hosting the network share.
To connect via Windows PowerShell:
1. Open Configuration Manager as a service user.
2. Select Connect via Windows PowerShell.
3. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window, make Microsoft a trusted publisher for scripts by choosing [A] Always run.