The application installation media won't show up for the specified UNC path even though a deployment process is running and network requirements have been verified. You might see an Access to the path '\\UNC\PATH' is denied error message in the Recast Proxy log file.
1. Navigate to the UNC path you configured during Application Manager initial setup.
TIP: You can also find the UNC path on the Application Manager > Settings > Advanced page in your Recast Management Server.
2. Open folder properties and go to the Sharing tab.
3. Click Advanced Sharing and Permissions.
4. Add your Recast Proxy service account and grant Change permissions.
5. Go to the Security tab.
6. If missing, add the Recast Proxy service account and grant Modify permissions to the folder. Verify that the permissions will be inherited by all sub folders.
7. Wait 30 minutes (default import interval) or run the Application Manager - Import New Applications scheduled task to start the download process instantly.
- Application installation media won't download and/or
- The application list is empty when attempting to choose applications for a deployment process and/or
- You see an Unable to connect to the remote server error message in the Recast Proxy log file
Make sure outbound requests are allowed from the Recast Proxy server to the external domains listed in the Network Requirements section of the Application Manager for MECM System Requirements.
If you are attempting to choose applications for a deployment process and the application list is greyed out, it's possible that the Application Manager license hasn't been uploaded to Recast Management Server.
Licenses for all your Recast Software products and components are available from the Recast Portal. Downloaded licenses can then be added to the Licenses page in your Recast Management Server.
To add Recast licenses to RMS:
1. Download or copy your Recast Software product and component licenses from the Recast Portal by clicking on the cloud icon under Actions.
2. In your Recast Management Server interface, navigate to Administration > Licenses.
3. Click Upload and select licenses.
Application Manager was working previously but has stopped downloading new updates even though a deployment process is running and requirements have been verified. You might see Application is shutting down... as the last message in Recast Proxy log file.
Start or restart the Recast Proxy service.