You can generate an activation code in Privilege Manager to temporarily elevate permissions for specified users on target devices. An activation code can be used even where the device is not connected to the internet or if the device cannot reach the Agent Gateway.
To generate an activation code:
1. On the Agents page, click the Lock icon.
2. In the side panel that opens, set activation code parameters:
- Activation code expires: Sets the amount of time the user has to apply the activation code. This time period begins as soon as the activation code is generated. The default is 1 hour.
- Activation code valid for: Sets the amount of time that the activation code will elevate permissions on the target device. By default, permissions will remain elevated for 1 hour. You can also choose to activate the code for Single usage.
- Temporary Account Name: Select the temporary account that the user is able to access using the activation code.
- Reason: Describe why permissions are being elevated.
3. Click Generate.
The Generated activation code will appear.
Once the activation code is generated, its details are included on the Activation Codes report.