Follow this suggested workflow when installing Application Manager for Configuration Manager:
1. Activate your Application Manager portal account by following the link in the registration email. The Application Manager portal can be accessed from https://am.recastsoftware.com.
2. Select applications for the service from Services > Application Manager for MECM > Administration > Service Applications in the portal, and save your changes.
NOTE: Only selected applications are available during an Application Manager for MECM trial. See the list of Supported Applications.
3. Download the Application Manager for MECM installer.
4. Find your ID and key combination.
5. Ensure that all platform and Configuration Manager requirements are in place.
6. Install Application Manager.
7. Complete first run configuration.
8. Configure deployment processes.
9. Enable Application Manager for MECM integration.
To install Application Manager for Configuration Manager:
1. Download the Application Manager installer and save it to your Configuration Manager server or to a remote server, which will be used for the deployment.
2. Run the installer.
3. When the installation wizard opens, click Start install and confirm the installation.
When the installation completes and the current version appears, click Exit to close the installer.
Next step: First Run Configuration
- Launch Application Manager from the Windows start menu. Select Next.
- Enter your Recast Application Manager ID and key. Select Login and Next.
- Select the download location for 3rd party application installation files. The path can be a local folder or an UNC path. The local folder will be automatically converted to a network path for MECM, but applications will be downloaded to a local folder.
- Choose MECM as an integration type.
- Select Local or Remote depending on if you are installing on MECM server or to a remote server. Enter Application Manager service account credentials and select Set.
- Use DNS name (server.domain), if using remote server
- Service account requirements
- This might take a while if you have large environment (thousands of collections)
- Select collection(s) for default deployment process.
- Default deployment process is used as a base for new deployment processes
- You might want to just select your pilot group, so it will be used on all deployment processes
- Select a distribution point (DP) group.
- Select which applications are selected to the default deployment process.
- Use default deployment process with all software: Default option and it will add all applications to an automatically created deployment process
- Select: Specific applications to an default process
- Fill in your SMTP server settings if you wish to receive email notifications when Application Manager creates new application deployments.
- Select Finish.
- You can select Yes to start automatic deployments now, if you are happy with the default deployment created during installation.
Application Manager will start up and you can continue with further configurations.
To uninstall Application Manager for MECM:
1. Navigate to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
2. Select Recast Application Manager Integration Client and uninstall it.
3. Remove the applications downloaded by Application Manager from your Configuration Manager console.
4. Terminate the AM for MECM service by going to https://am.recastsoftware.com > Administration > Services.
Make sure that you a plan for updating or removing the Application Manager supported apps. All the applications distributed with AM service have their built-in update system disabled. This means that if you have no other tool or method to update the apps, they will not get updated.