- SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Power BI Report Server
- Reporting Services Point enabled and configured in your Configuration Manager environment
Additional requirements to collect warranty information
NOTE: The Recast Proxy must be deployed separately, after Recast Management Server installation, if the proxy is being installed on a server other than the Recast Management Server. See Install Recast Proxy Separately.
- Recast Proxy configured for Recast management tasks
- The service account requires read-only access in ConfigMgr and datareader access to your ConfigMgr SQL database server.
- If your Recast Management Server is installed on a server other than your ConfigMgr SQL database, the proxy account must be added to the SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_MP_(YourSiteCode) local group on that server. This will allow it to read and write to your
inboxes\auth\ddm.boxto gather warranty data.
- One-way traffic from the Recast Management Server to the API over TCP 443 with https://warranty.recastsoftware.com/. Allowing this traffic through the firewall allows the proxy account to communicate with our API. Only the Recast Management Server can initiate the network connection. The source and destination servers can then communicate over the established network connection.
For more information, see our Endpoint Insights Requirements Overview on YouTube.