The Privilege Manager client checks the Recast Agent Gateway hourly for new configurations. If a connection to the Recast Agent Gateway is not available at that time, the client will re-try the connection every 10 minutes and continue to use locally cached configurations.
You can choose to force a configuration update either in the Privilege Manager interface or from the command line interface.
To force a configuration update from the Privilege Manager interface:
- Right-click the tray icon in the notification area and select Settings.
- Expand Agent > Modules and select Carillon.
- On the Run tab, click Run.
To force a configuration update from the command line:
1. Open a command prompt (use Run as Administrator).
2. Run the following command in the Recast Agent installation directory:
Agent.exe -modules:Carillon.dll -methods:action -module_ops:force_update
The default installation directory is located at