Privilege Manager temporary user account activation codes can be used to run actions with a specific local user account. Activation codes can be used even when there is no connection to the Recast Privilege Manager environment. Contact your IT support to receive a Privilege Manager temporary user account activation code.
When an action requiring administrator-level permissions is executed or a user selects Run as different user, Windows by default displays the User Account Control window where credentials are provided. User Account Control has a Privilege Manager option when the Privilege Manager has been installed on the client.
1. In the User Account Control window, click More choices.
2. Click Recast Privilege Manager.
2. Select Use activation code from the drop-down list.
3. Enter the Privilege Manager temporary user account activation code that you received from your IT support. If you don't have the activation code or your activation code is expired, please contact your IT support to get a new activation code.
4. Click Yes to run the action with a temporary user account.