In application settings, you can configure installation parameters and other application settings that are available in Intune.
To configure application settings:
1. Navigate to Services > AM for Intune > Administration > Deployment processes in the management portal.
2. Select a deployment process.
3. Open application settings on the Applications tab by selecting the Settings icon next to an application name.
- Description is visible for the end user in the Company Portal app
- If no description is set, AM for Intune will default to Application [APP NAME] published by integration client description
- Show as featured app
- Display the app prominently in the Company Portal
- Install parameters
- These parameters will be added to the end of the installation command in Intune
- With parameters, you can, for example, enable windows installer logging and configure application installer properties
- The full installation command would look like this in Intune, if you've configured the /l*v %WINDIRD%\CSM_Reader_Install.log parameter:
msiexec /qn /i filename.msi TRANSFORMS="filename.mst" /l*v %WINDIRD%\CSM_Reader_Install.log
- Uninstall parameters
- These parameters will be added to the end of the uninstallation command in Intune
- Restart behavior
- Change the restart behavior of the application in Intune. Read more here.
- App install may force a device restart
- Determine behavior based on return codes (Default if not set)
- No specific action
- Intune will force a mandatory device restart
Application settings will be the same in all deployment processes for the same application.