Before installing Recast Management Server, ensure that your system meets the application's hardware and software requirements.
Recast Management Server software can be installed on its own server or on the primary Configuration Manager server.
Run the Recast Management Server Installer
After downloading Recast Management Server from the Recast Portal, run the installer and follow its prompts.
To configure IIS:
1. On the IIS Configuration page, change the Server Name only if the client is going to use a DNS alias.
2. Set the IIS Port. The default IIS Port is TCP 444, to prevent conflicts when Recast Management Server is installed on Configuration Manager servers. The IIS Port can be changed to 443, or any open TCP port, to suit your environment.
Recast Management Server requires a certificate for secure communication with Right Click Tools and any Recast Proxies.
To configure a certificate:
On the Certificate Configuration page, you have the option to Generate a Self-signed Certificate or Use an Existing IIS Certificate issued by a trusted internal Certificate Authority.
- The subject name or one of the subject alternative names of the certificate should match the server name in the URL that the Right Click Tools and Recast Proxies are pointed towards.
- The public key of self-signed certificates must be added to the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities store on your Recast Proxies.
- Right Click Tools will prompt for untrusted certificates and add them to an allowed list. To avoid this prompt, import the public key of the Recast Management Server certificate into the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities store on the devices where the Right Click Tools are installed.
- The certificate can be changed later by editing the Binding in IIS Manager.
- For instructions on importing a certificate to a local machine, see Certificate used by Recast Management Server is not trusted.
Recast Management Server requires SQL Server version 4.0 or higher. A fully licensed version of SQL is strongly recommended to avoid the 10GB storage limitation of SQLExpress.
If the account running the installation has permissions to connect remotely, you can click Test SQL Connection to verify connectivity to the SQL Server during installation.
SQL SERVER NOTES:
- Remote SQL Server: The computer account of Recast Management Server will need permissions to create the database on the remote device. Alternatively, you can pre-create the RecastManagementServer database and give the computer account db_owner permissions.
- Local SQL Server: The computer account of the Recast Management Server will need permissions to create the database on the local device. You can pre-create the database and give the IIS AppPool\Recast Management Server account db_owner permissions to the database.
- The IIS AppPool\Recast Management Server account will not exist until after the installation completes, so the permissions will need to be given after installation.
- The default SQL Server Port Number is 1433.
You can download and import your Recast licenses when installing Recast Management Server.
To download your Enterprise license:
1. On the Import License page, enter your Recast Portal email address and password.
2. Click Download License. The license information will appear in the right-hand column.
NOTE: If your server does not have internet access, click Browse for License to browse the filesystem for a license file that has been exported from the Recast Portal.
Configure Without Recast Proxy
A Recast Proxy allows you to schedule Kiosk Manager and Builder actions as well as Recast security scopes. For instructions on installing Recast Proxy, see Installing Recast Management Server with Recast Proxy.
If you do not wish to install a Recast Proxy during Recast Management Server installation, enable Do Not Install Recast Proxy and click Install.
When the installation completes, click Finish to exit the setup wizard.
Verify Recast Management Server Installation
To confirm that you can open the Recast Management Server, navigate to
https://<ServerFQDN>:<Port> in a web browser. Chrome, Edge, or Firefox are recommended. On the Recast Management Server login page, enter the username and password for the account that you were using to install the Recast Management Server.