Recast Software Version 5.0.2303.709
Release Date: March 8, 2023
Upgrade to the newest bug fix release by downloading Version 5.0.2303.709 from the Recast Portal.
For instructions on updating your software version, see our articles on upgrading Right Click Tools, Endpoint Insights, and Privilege Manager.
Right Click Tools
- Fixes an issue where the 'Set LAPS Password Expiration' tool did not open.
- Fixes issues with Right Click Tools missing from some console extension menus.
- Fixes issues with some console extension menu options being enabled in error when right-clicking on a user group.
- Fixes an error where disabling ping and setting ‘Ping Before Running Tools’ to ‘false’ still produced an attempt to ping devices when using Interactive PowerShell Prompt, Manage Computer, Open Regedit, Connect to C$, and Open Client Installation Log File Folder (Try saying that last one five times fast!).
- Kiosk Manager:
- Fixes an issue with Automatic Login count limits not being applied.
- Fixes an issue with Kiosk Manager scheduled task deletion.
- Recast Builder:
- Fixes an issue with Builder actions not running via a Recast Proxy route.
- Updates pre-built templates to work with Version 5 releases.
- Fixes an issue where Recast Runner did not open from the Software Updates Deployment Status console dashboard.
- Fixes an issue where Dell devices did not return warranty information.
- Fixes missing Online Status of Computers by Collection report.
- Fixes an issue where the Report Viewer did not display a selected report when ‘Run in ConfigMgr Console Process’ was disabled.
- Fixes missing images and links for sample Endpoint Insights reports.
- Fixes the Software Dashboard title and moves the report set to the Software category.
- Fixes missing data on the System Boot Status Dashboard.
Privilege Manager with Recast Management Server
- Fixes issues where default configuration setup could continue without a required target or group rule.
- Fixes an incorrectly disabled button when returning to the ‘Specify target’ step during default configuration setup.
- Fixes an error that prevented target group deletion.
- Fixes an issue with the ‘Add local group’ side panel reopening in error.
Recast Management Server
- Resolves an installation failure when deploying Recast Agent Gateway on a different server than the Recast Management Server.
- Fixes an SmsProvider error when opening the Recast Management Server interface.
No bug fixes in this release.
See Supported Applications for an up-to-date list of software you can deploy using Application Manager!