Setting up a Recast Proxy for warranty information collection in Endpoint Insights involves authorizing the proxy in the Recast Management Server (if necessary) and creating a Recast Proxy route. Routes determine which Recast Proxy runs a Recast action.
A Recast Proxy route sends an action to a service account if:
- The route is assigned a role that has permissions to run the action
- The targets of that action fall within the route’s assigned scope
For more information, see Route Types.
- Recast Proxy installed that can read from Active Directory or Configuration Manager
- Recast Proxy service account has the following permissions:
- Local admin on the server where it is being installed
- Read-only analyst in the Configuration Manager console
- db_datareader in Configuration Manager database
- Read permissions in Active Directory
- If your Recast Management Server is installed on a server other than your Configuration Manager SQL database, the proxy account will need to be added to the SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_MP_<YourSiteCode> local group on that server. This will allow it to read/write to your inboxes\auth\ddm.box, which is required to gather warranty data.
To create a Recast Proxy route:
1. In your Recast Management Server, navigate to Administration > Routes.
2. In the main window, click Create.
3. Set the route Type to Recast Proxy.
4. As Recast Proxy, select your service account.
5. Set Role to Administrators.
6. Click Create.