The Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle initiates a scan of software updates compliance. Before client computers can scan for software update compliance, the software updates environment must be configured.
This action can be run on device collections, or using a similar tool designed for single and multi-selected devices.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device collection.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions on Collection > Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle.
The window that opens displays progress and successful completion.
- Requires the Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle permission on the ConfigMgr Client.
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.