A Recast Proxy can be used to manage many tasks, such as:
- Reading from Active Directory to populate scopes
- Allowing access to web dashboards and dashboard trends
- Scheduling Builder actions and Kiosk profile application actions
NOTE: A proxy is also required for collecting warranty information with Endpoint Insights.
Setting up a proxy to manage tasks involves authorizing the proxy in the Recast Management Server, creating a proxy route, and reordering the routes to match your priorities.
For the permissions required for different proxy uses, see Proxy Service Account Permissions.
For proxy installation steps, see Install Recast Proxy Separately.
Authorize the Proxy
By default, the Recast Management Server will automatically authorize proxies installed in the same domain as the Recast Management Server. If a proxy is installed in another domain, you must approve it manually.
To approve the proxy manually:
1. Open the Configure Recast Management Server application or open the Recast Management Server web interface.
2. Click Proxies.
On the Recast Proxies page, your new proxy should be visible with Authorized disabled.
3. Click the Edit icon to authorize the proxy.
A route determines the proxy to which your Recast actions are sent. In order for the Recast Management Server to run actions through the Service Account Proxy, create a route that uses the Service Account.
To create a route:
1. In your Recast Management Server, click on Routes in the navigation panel.
2. On the Routes page, click Create.
3. After creating the route, click Save.
New routes appear at the bottom of the Routes table. You can move a route up in the order to run actions using this route, or you can configure the routes to only populate the proxy. You can also reorder routes in the Routes table to set their priority as the first route to be successfully matched will be used.
If you only need your proxy to populate scopes, and you don't want to run any actions using that proxy, you can change the order of your routes to reflect this desire.
When you're done reordering the proxy route list, click Save to finalize the changes.