Forcing a Recast Agent to Re-Enroll
There are times where a Recast Agent is attempting to connect to a Recast Management Server, but is unable. This most often occurs if you delete the agent from the Recast Management Server manually. When this happens you will see a warning in the Recast Management Server telling you that there is an Agent that is trying to connect, but it is not approved. Because you deleted the Agent information, there is no way to approve this Agent.
To force the Agent to Re-Enroll, you should:
- log onto the computer where the Agent is not connecting.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Recast Software\Recast Agent.
- Delete the agent.sqlite file that is contained in that folder.
- Restart the Recast Agent Service
- The Agent Computer should be back in the Recast Agents page in the Remote Software Center, and it will be auto-approved or available to be approved depending on the settings in your Recast Management Server.
If you need to reenroll many machines, here is a PowerShell script that can help you automate the process:
Stop-Service -DisplayName “Recast Agent Service”
Remove-Item “C:\Windows\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Appdata\Roaming\Recast Software\Recast Agent\agent.sqlite”
Start-Service -DisplayName “Recast Agent Service”